List of Legal Documents You Must Check Before Buying an Apartment in Bangalore

Purchasing a property can be a complicated process, especially when it comes to documents. A flaw in any of the paperwork, or the absence of a certain document, could result in a future hardship for the homebuyer.

As a result, it is critical to ensure that all necessary documentation is in order when acquiring property in Bangalore. Here is the list of legal documents that you must examine when buying under-construction apartments on Sarjapur road or 2 BHK flats for sale on Sarjapur road

Parent deed

This is the sale deed or gift deed. Alternatively, it is also called a partition deed or allotment letter. This is the document that establishes the ownership of the current owner(s) of the land. This paper, which is also called the Mula Pathra, shows the whole chain of ownership up to the current owner

The earliest available document, record, or order by which a court, government, or statutory body granted the rights to the property to its first owner should always be used to trace the title. Then, through an uninterrupted chain of legal activities, documentation identifying the following owners of the property up to the current owner, i.e., the seller, should be tracked.

Layout approval

Builders or developers frequently sell homes before gaining layout approval. As a buyer, you must ensure that you purchase a property or home only after the builder has provided layout approval. Buying a home without this accreditation can be dangerous.

Master plan

Always verify the master plan of the city in which you want to buy a house or property. This will assist you in identifying contradictions in a builder's or developer's promises. The master plan will always show the exact infrastructure surrounding the site under consideration.

Khata certificate

The registration paperwork must be sent to the local body (BBMP or village panchayat) for further action by the entity responsible for recording the transfer of property. Once the registered owner has submitted an application and paid the required fees, the BBMP/panchayat will open a property account in his or her name. The 'Khata register' is the register in which these accounts are recorded.

According to the BBMP Khata certificate, property number "N" is registered in the name of "X." The certificate will also show the property's description and the amount of tax assessed and paid. In order to obtain a water or electricity connection, a trade license, or a building permit, you'll need this certificate. In order to receive a certificate, you must be the legal heir to the property of the owner of the property.

Land-use certificate

This document, also known as a CLU (Change of Land Use), must be studied before purchasing a property. It is strictly prohibited to build a residential home on commercial or agricultural land. You may get all the necessary information about this from the CLU. To make sure that buying land is risk-free, the developer or builder must show this certificate or a copy of the CLU.

Occupancy certificate

Occupancy certificates serve as a type of insurance for your land purchase because they tell you if all of the essential necessities are in place before you buy them. Certificates of occupancy verify that the property is safe for a buyer to live in.

Letter of allotment

It's a legal document that the builder will have to sign. After the land purchase advance has been made, this will be carried out. In this letter, you'll learn about important terms, such as the payment breakdown. Get this letter as soon as possible, because if the property isn't ready on time, the builder or developer could be fined.

No Objection Certificate

A No Objection Certificate, or NOC, is issued by various organizations such as the fire department and utility companies. Without a NOC, it is illegal to sell a house or property. Make sure your builder gets the NOC before you pay any money for the home.

Certificate of commencement

Building permits are required for any form of building to commence. Prior to acquiring a property, it is critical to receive this certificate from the town planning committee.

Certificate of completion

A municipal board gives out a certificate of completion when a project is done. This says that the project is done.

No-encumbrance certificate

Prior to making a land purchase, this certificate is one of the most necessary ones to go through. If the land has any legal concerns or objections, the no encumbrance certificate will let you know. It will also show if the land has been split into multiple parcels and sold to other parties. This document is issued for 13 years to 30 years.

Possession certificate

The selling deed will be obtained first, and then this certificate will be issued. A copy of this is given to the buyer once they've taken ownership of the property.

Tax receipts and utility bills

Pre-purchase inspections should include obtaining copies of the owner's tax receipt and any relevant utility bills, such as an electric bill or phone bill. As a result, any potential fraudulent activity will be thwarted. One must also ensure that the bills are in the owner's name.